About Us

History

Evolution from Rayon Fibers Manufacturer to Synthetic Fibers Manufacturer (1918 ~ 1960s)

1918 June

Teikoku Jinzo-Kenshi Kaisha, Ltd., was established.

1927 February

Commenced operation of Iwakuni Factory. Began production of rayon filament.

1933 October Listed on the Tokyo Stock Exchange and the Osaka Securities Exchange.
1934 October

Commenced operation of Mihara Factory. Began production of rayon filament.

1951 December Nagoya Factory was established. Began the production of rayon spun yarn.
1952 September Iwakuni Laboratories were established.
November Teijin Shoji Co., Ltd. was established.
1954 July The Teijin kumura Scholarship (currentry Teijin Scholarship Foundation) was established.
1955 November

Matsuyama Factory (currentry Matsuyama Factory the North Plant) was established and the production of acetate filament began.

1957 January Teikoku Jinzo-kenshi Ltd. and Toyo Rayon Co., Ltd. (currentry Toray Industries, Inc.) licensed to introduce production technologies for polyester fibers and films from ICI of the United Kingdom.
June

The trademark of polyester fibers was decided as Tetoron by Teikoku Jinzo-kenshi Ltd. and Toyo Rayon Co., Ltd.

1958 June

Production of Tetoron began at Matsuyama Factory.

1960 October

Tokyo Research Laboratories (currentry the Tokyo Research Center) is established.

Teijin Chemicals Limited began production of polycarbonate resin.

1962 July Licensed to introduce production technologies for nylon 6 from Allied Chemical Corp. of the United States.
November Corporate name was changed to Teijin Limited.
1963 April

Plastics Research Laboratories was established.

November Production of nylon began at Mihara Factory.
1964 September Fiber and Textile Research Laboratories was established.
1967 September Tetoron production and sales company Thai Tetoron Co., Ltd. (currentry Teijin Polyester (Thailand) Limited) was established.