Polyphenylene Sulfide (PPS) Compound Resin ECOTRAN®
ECOTRAN® is the world's first non-chlorine and eco-friendly polyphenylene sulfide (PPS) resin by innovative process.
About ECOTRAN ®
Teijin is developing PPS business under the strategic partnership with SK chemicals Co., Ltd. in Korea. SK chemicals produces the world's first chlorine-free polyphenylene sulfide(PPS) resin by innovative process.
PPS resin is a partially crystalline polymer widely known as a super engineering plastic with outstanding performance such as heat resistance, excellent chemical resistance and inherent flame resistance.
By adopting SK chemicals' world first innovative process of PPS resin production, following advantages can be obtained compared to conventional PPS resins;
- 1.No chlorine components contained.
- 2.The process does not produce any by-products such as sodium chlorides which comes with conventional PPS resin.
SK chemicals will promote their PPS resin worldwide under the brand name of ECOTRAN® and Teijin will serve all Japanese customers by cooperation both companies resources and technologies.
- Heat resistance
- Melting point at 280℃, glass transition point at 90℃
- Mechanical strength
- High mechanical strength and stiffness with content of fillers
- Chemical resistance
- Resists acid, alkali and solvents. No solvent to dissolve under 200℃
- Flame retardance
- UL94 V-0 rated without flame retardant agents
- Dimensional stability
- Low moisture absorption and low creep properties