Teijin to Exhibit at JEC World 2017
Tokyo, Japan, March 8, 2017 --- The Teijin Group announced today that it will showcase a wide range of high-performance composite products at JEC World 2017, the annual exhibition that will take place this year from March 14 to 16 in Paris.
The Teijin booth (hall 6, booth G28) and a newly affiliated Teijin Group company Continental Structural Plastics booth (hall 6, booth P28) will present a number of displays, including:
- -TENAX Part via Preform (PvP), enabling serial production of carbon fiber reinforced plastic (CFRP) automotive parts. TENAX carbon fiber is sprayed, consolidated and trimmed automatically into near net-shape preforms, helping to reduce carbon fiber waste and minimize intermediate processing. The injection uses a high-pressure resin transfer molding (HP-RTM) technology including an in-mold coating step providing easy surface painting. Delivery of an automotive part produced in small series has started and a car including this part will be exhibited.
- -TENAX-E COMPOUND rPEEK CF30, a reinforced material combination of a reinforced material combination of waste materials generated during processing of TENAX ThermoPlastics and recycled semi crystalline PEEK polymer, which contains 30% of carbon fiber by weight and offers a high performance in strength and stiffness for injection molding applications. It has almost identical performance to virgin standard material in tensile modulus and strength, viscosity, chemical resistance, abrasion and low moisture absorption. It also reduces 40-60% of selling price compared to virgin carbon fiber reinforced PEEK compounds.
- -Sereebo, the world's first mass-production technology for carbon fiber reinforced thermoplastic (CFRTP), improves production efficiency by significantly reducing molding time to less than one minute. Useful solutions are possible for high-volume mass production of automotive parts such as front bulkhead and crash can, monocoque-structure cameras and more.
- -High Performance Pultrusions are custom engineered for applications using both glass fiber and carbon fiber, braided, woven, pull-wound and/or unidirectional fibers together with a variety of resin systems, give virtually unlimited combinations of competitively priced high volume structural composite solutions for energy, automotive and aerospace applications.
- -Twaron and Technora para-aramid fibers offering attractive energy-saving and eco-minded composite solutions. They have excellent properties in stiffness, strength, damage tolerance and aesthetics and used in boat hulls and sails, hockey sticks, motorcycle helmets and other sporting goods. They also enable air cargo's unit load devices (ULDs) significantly lighter and more durable than conventional aluminum ULDs additionally featuring fire resistance for over four hours. Moreover, Twaron provides endless opportunities for lightweight solutions in body armor and hard ballistics.
- -Endumax Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMWPE), offering high dimensional stability at very low weight, making it suitable for a wide variety of applications whenever there is a need for superior strength, safety, light weight or durability like in ballistic protection or cargo containers.
- -Panlite Polycarbonate (PC), including blends (PC/PET, PC/PBT) and PC/ABS Multilon, boast low weight, high-impact strength, dimensional stability and superb processing. Additional properties, such as resistance to scratching or UV light, can be added by with Teijin’s special coating systems.
- -Polyphenylene sulfide (PPS) Compounds are filled with carbon, aramid or conductive fibers for outstanding mechanical rigidity and strength (carbon fiber), high impact strength and low friction (aramid fiber) or EMI shielding (conductive fiber). Teijin’s unique high-performance PPS compounds will enable innovative solutions that further accelerate the metal-to-resin transition in automotive components.
- -TCA Ultra Lite is a 1.2 specific gravity sheet molding compound. TCA Ultra Lite offers a premium Class A finish with paint and gloss qualities comparable to metals, including aluminum. The material is able to withstand the E-coat process, and passes all OEM paint tests.
- -Multi-Material Decklid Concept is last year’s JEC World 2016 Innovation Award in the Automotive Exterior Parts category. This decklid features a TCA Ultra Lite outer and a carbon fiber resin transfer molded (RTM) inner, and weighs just 12.11 lbs. (5.5 kg.), a 13 percent weight savings over a similar decklid made from aluminum.
JEC World 2017 is organized by the JEC Group, the world’s largest composites industry organization with a network of 550,000 composite industry professionals around the world.
About the Teijin Group
Teijin (TSE: 3401) is a technology-driven global group offering advanced solutions in the areas of sustainable transportation, information and electronics, safety and protection, environment and energy, and healthcare. Its main fields of operation are high-performance fibers such as aramid, carbon fibers & composites, healthcare, films, resin & plastic processing, polyester fibers, products converting and IT. The group has some 150 companies and around 16,000 employees spread out over 20 countries worldwide. It posted consolidated sales of JPY790.7 billion (USD 7.4 billion) and total assets of JPY 823.4 billion (USD 7.7 billion) in the fiscal year ending March 31, 2016.
+81 3 3506 4055
Information in the press releases is current on the date of the announcement.
It is subject to change without prior notice.