Tokyo, Japan, March 3, 2016 ---The Teijin group announced today that it will showcase a wide range of high-performance composite products at JEC World 2016, the annual exhibition that will take place this year from March 8 to 10 in Paris.
The Teijin booth (hall 6, booth 28) will present a number of displays, including:
- Tenax ThermoPlastics (TPUD and TPCL) offer rapid production and processing, low scrap rates, high mechanical performance, strong chemical resistance and recyclability.
- Tenax Part via Preform (PvP) is a highly efficient production technology for industrial-volume CFRP parts that enables the automated deposition of carbon fiber directly into near net-shape preforms, helping to reduce carbon fiber waste and minimize intermediate processing. The PvP parts are produced using high pressure and standard resin transfer molding systems, together with modern epoxy and polyurethane thermosetting resins.
- Sereebo, the world’s first mass-production technology for thermoplastic CFRP, improves production efficiency by significantly reducing molding time to less than one minute. Useful solutions are possible for high-volume mass production of automotive parts, monocoque-structure cameras, OA applications and more.
- Twaron, Twaron black and Technora para-aramid fibers and Endumax UHMWPE (Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene) offer attractive lightweight, energy-saving and eco-minded solutions. Twaron or Technora offer excellent stiffness, strength, damage tolerance and aesthetics for everything from airfreight containers to sporting goods. Twaron and Endumax are suited to diverse solutions requiring lightweight ballistic protection.
- Panlite Polycarbonate (PC), including blends (PC/PET, PC/PBT) and PC/ABS Multilon, boast low weight, high-impact strength, dimensional stability and superb processing. Additional properties, such as resistance to scratching or UV light, can be added by with Teijin’s special coating systems.
- Polyphenylene sulfide (PPS) Compounds are filled with carbon, aramid or conductive fibers for outstanding mechanical rigidity and strength (carbon fiber), high impact strength and low friction (aramid fiber) or EMI shielding (conductive fiber). Teijin’s unique high-performance PPS compounds will enable innovative solutions that further accelerate the metal-to-resin transition in automotive components.
JEC World 2016 is organized by the JEC Group, the world’s largest composites industry organization with a network of 35,000 professionals in some 100 countries.
About the Teijin Group
Teijin (TSE: 3401) is a technology-driven global group offering advanced solutions in the areas of sustainable transportation, information and electronics, safety and protection, environment and energy, and healthcare. Its main fields of operation are high-performance fibers such as aramid, carbon fibers & composites, healthcare, films, resin & plastic processing, polyester fibers, products converting and IT. The group has some 150 companies and around 16,000 employees spread out over 20 countries worldwide. It posted consolidated sales of JPY786.2 billion (USD 6.6 billion) and total assets of JPY 823.7 billion (USD 6.9 billion) in the fiscal year ending March 31, 2015.
+81 3 3506 4055
Information in the press releases is current on the date of the announcement.
It is subject to change without prior notice.