Tokyo, Japan, May 11, 2015 --- Teijin Limited announced today that it will exhibit a variety of advanced materials and solutions at Asia Nonwovens Exhibition (ANEX) 2015, one of the global nonwoven industry’s top three shows. ANEX, which is held every three years, will take place at the Shanghai World Expo Exhibition & Convention Center in China from May 13 to 15. Last time, the show attracted 237 exhibitors and more than 13,000 visitors.
The Teijin booth (Stand U-10) will present the following proprietary polyester materials and related high-performance solutions:
- Nanofront®: The world’s first 700-nanometer ultra-fine polyester fiber features superior fitting, slip resistance, heat and light shielding, and filtering properties. It is used for diverse applications, including clothing and industrial applications such as filters and heat-shielding sheets.
- Ultra-fine short-cut fiber: This ultra-fine short-cut fiber is engineered specially for wet-laid nonwoven fabrics. It offers high-level processing, excellent water dispersion and customization. Applications include papermaking and many other products.
- elk®: A lightweight, durable, cushiony and breathable material that serves as an excellent substitute for polyurethane in a range of cushioning applications.
- Moisture-absorbing fiber: The Teijin display will present a desiccating, humidity-conditioning thin sheet made of high-performance moisture-absorbing fiber that effectively inhibits condensation. Highly durable, it can be used repeatedly for moisture absorption and release.
- Filament nonwoven fabric: The world’s only nonwoven fabric that conforms effectively to molded shapes also offers high-level heat-sealability and printability.
High-performance, value-added composite materials are one of the four key businesses pillars targeted under the Transformation and Growth Strategies in Teijin’s current medium-term business plan. Fields that offer promising opportunities for Teijin’s high-performance fibers include safety, infrastructure and energy, functional paper and filters, and mobility. Teijin is putting a high priority on leveraging its high-performance materials in advanced solutions that meet diverse demands in the global market.
About the Teijin Group
Teijin (TSE: 3401) is a technology-driven global group offering advanced solutions in the areas of sustainable transportation, information and electronics, safety and protection, environment and energy, and healthcare. Its main fields of operation are high-performance fibers such as aramid, carbon fibers & composites, healthcare, films, resin & plastic processing, polyester fibers, products converting and IT. The group has some 150 companies and around 16,000 employees spread out over 20 countries worldwide. It posted consolidated sales of JPY784.4 billion (USD 7.7 billion) and total assets of JPY 768.4 billion (USD 7.5 billion) in the fiscal year ending March 31, 2014.
+81 3 3506 4055
Information in the press releases is current on the date of the announcement.
It is subject to change without prior notice.